Sessions by cannyboard are always owned by a single user, the host. Therefore, it can always be necessary to transfer work statuses or results to another person.
In this article you will learn more about:
Transfer a Session
To transfer a Session from your Session Library to another account, proceed as follows:
- Log into your cannyboard account at www.cannyboard.app and select "My Sessions" from the burger menu in the upper right corner.
- You are now in your Session Library. By default, the list view of your Sessions is displayed. How to switch to the grid view is shown here.
- Look for the Session to be transferred, click on the three-point menu and there on the option "Transfer".
- A dialog opens in which you can copy the transfer link. Click on the corresponding button and send the link in a channel of your choice (e.g. Messenger, SMS, etc.) or by e-mail. Check the box if you want to keep a copy of the Session to be transferred in your Session Library.
- The Session you transferred is grayed out in the Session Library and contains the note "This Session is awaiting transfer". Sessions waiting for transfer cannot be opened or edited.
Please note: When copying the link, the transfer cannot be addressed to a specific person, but to the person who opens the link. Therefore, do not make the link available via public channels (wikis, group chats, etc.), but send it exclusively to the person to whom you want to transfer the Session.
Cancel Session Transfer
You can cancel the transfer of a Session to another account. This might be necessary if ...
- ... you changed your mind.
- ... you mistakenly transferred the wrong Session.
- ... the link has been sent to the wrong recipient.
- ... the receiving person does not retrieve the link and thus does not complete the transfer.
Then proceed as follows:
Open your Session Library.
Locate the Session waiting for transfer.
Click on the three-point menu and here on the option "Cancel Transfer".
Confirm the following dialog with "Withdraw".
- The Session is now listed normally in your Session Library again and can be edited and managed again.
Accept a transferred Session
To get a Session transferred from another cannyboard user, the previous owner has to send you a transfer link. This is how you accept the Session transfer:
Please note: The transfer link is valid for two weeks after it has been created. If the link is not accessed in time by the recipient, the Session must be transferred again.
- Click on the link or copy it into the URL bar of your browser.
- You will be directed to www.cannyboard.app. Log into your cannyboard account.
- The Session is now transferred to your account and can be found in your Session Library. On the right side of the screen you will get a corresponding note about which Session was transferred to you by which person.
Please sign in to leave a comment.