A video call can be carried out within an ongoing Shared Session for additional video and sound transmission. This enables optimal communication while working together on the shared content.
Please consider the following technical requirements for video calls.
Please note:You have to join a Shared Session in order to be able to make a video call. So your session must be in "moderated session" or "free edit" mode.
Joining a video call
Please note: Use Google Chrome as browser when participating on the laptop / PC.
As cannyboard user
With a cannyboard account you can use all functions of cannyboard to its full extent.
- Log into your cannyboard account.
- Open the Shared Session in your Session Library or via the participation link. You can participate via Sessionboard or via laptop / PC.
- The Video Call Widget appears. Tap / click on "Join" to join the video call. On the Sessionboard you are initially in the minimized view of the video call.
Open the camera flap on your Sessionboard if you want to make a call with a video image. Your camera is automatically activated on the laptop / PC. Tap "Maximize" the Video Call Widget if you do not already see the video transmission from the participants.
You are now in the portrait view of the video call and automatically switch to the grid view as soon as other participants have joined the video call. If necessary, you can minimize the Video Call widget again by tapping / clicking on "Minimize" in order to have a clear view of the Workspace.
Use the laser pointer during video calls to highlight what is being talked about on the Workspace. You can also share the screen contents of your device via screen sharing at any time, visible to all participants.
It is also possible to join a video call without a cannyboard account using a laptop / PC. Here, access via the Shared Session link is limited to pure videotelephony. Participants can neither see nor edit the Workspace with all of its content. It is only possible to contribute Notes using the "Send your input" function.
Please note: You can only take part in a video call as a guest using your laptop / PC.
- Join the Shared Session via laptop / PC.
- You will be asked to log in, but you can also scroll down and klick "Join as guest".
- You will be asked to enter your name, which will be displayed along with your video image during the video call.
- Click on "Join" to join the Video Call.
- You are now in the video call environment. The video call automatically switch from the portrait view to the grid view as soon as more participants have joined the video call.
Leaving a video call
You can leave the video call at any time, regardless which device you are using. The video call is only ended for you, the other participants are still in the video call.
To do this, tap the "Exit" button on the Video Call Widget.
Please sign in to leave a comment.