- Create and open a Session
- Include participants on site
- Include remote / hybrid participants
The following requirements should be met in order to be able to fully use the functions of cannyboard:
- You always need your personal device (laptop / PC, smartphone or tablet) with internet access, in addition to the Sessionboard.
- A cannyboard account is required, which you can create on www.cannyboard.app.
Create and open a Session
At cannyboard, work is organized in Sessions, all content is stored in one Session. Learn more about Sessions here.
- Create a new Session in your cannyboard account on your personal device, or start directly on the Sessionboard: Tap on “Touch to Start” and on „Start Session“.
Please note: A Session that was created directly on the Sessionboard, has to be saved in your account so that no content is lost.
Open a Session from your personal device on the Sessionboard by clicking on the „Start“ button next to your Session. Then enter the PIN, which you can find on the bottom left of the Sessionboard, in order to connect your personal device to the Session.
- Alternatively, you can open your Session in Desktop Editing on your laptop / PC, in order to prepare it. Read more about this here.
Include participants on site
People in the same room can participate in the Session on the Sessionboard with their personal device, without needing an own cannyboard account:
The participants connect to the opened Session on the Sessionboard via their personal device. In order to do this, the PIN or the QR code of the Connection Widget is required.
Participants connected to the Session can contribute content to the Session via their personal device.
Include remote / hybrid participants
People in another location receive a link to the Session from the owner of the Session (host) and can thus participate via laptop / PC or Sessionboard:
Go to „My Sessions“ on your laptop / PC under the burger menu of your cannyboard account.
Share your Session with other people via the „Share Session“ Option in the three-point menu: Select a suitable Session Mode, copy the link and send it to the participants.
The participants open the link to the Session. If a Sessionboard is available to them, they can participate in the Session via Sessionboard. If this is not the case, participation via laptop / PC is possible.
Please note: When participating via laptop / PC, please use Google Chrome as browser.
To join a video call, tap / click “Join” in the Video Call Widget. Open the camera flap on the Sessionboard or enable the required access on the laptop / PC.
Please sign in to leave a comment.