Notes are created exclusively on personal devices (laptop / PC, tablet or smartphone). They can either be created in Sessions on the desktop or in a personal area, from which they are then sent to the session.
In Desktop Editing
In Sessions that are opened on the laptop / PC, you can easily create Notes via the Main Menu of the Desktop Editing. Notes are also created in the same way in Shared Sessions that shared in the session mode "Free Edit" and accessed on the laptop / PC.
Via the "Send your input" function
Notes are created using this function if participants want to contribute their own content to the Session while one person leads or moderates the Session. This can be the case with non-shared Sessions as well as with Shared Sessions with the appropriate authorization. The participants do not have to be on site for this.
In Sessions - for participants on site
In Sessions that are not shared, anyone, whether a registered cannyboard user or not, can contribute their own content to the open Session, even with their smartphone:
Please note: The prerequisite for this is that a Session is open on the Sessionboard.
- Open the URL cannyboard.app in a browser on your personal device (laptop / PC, tablet or smartphone).
- Connect your personal device to the Session opened on the Sessionboard using the PIN.
- In the burger menu at the top right, open the "Send your input" option.
- You are in the "Send your input" section. Click on the red "+" button at the bottom right to create a Text or Media Note. Tip: Use the shortcut "T" on your keyboard on your laptop to create Text Notes.
- Click on the Note button of your choice and fill the note with text, image, video content, GIFs or PDFs. You can also create several Notes at the same time. Alternatively, you can also create Media Notes by dragging and dropping your files onto the workspace.
Tip: To finish entering text in Text Notes, click on the gray background area next to it.
- Send the created Notes to the Workspace of the open Session on the Sessionboard.
In Shared Sessions - for remote participants
In the case of Shared Sessions in which the laptop / PC is used, Notes are created either via the Main Menu (see above) or the "Send your Input" button in the Desktop Editing of the Session, depending on the authorization granted.
Please note: The prerequisite for this is that the Session is shared in "Moderated Session" mode.
- Join a Shared Session using your laptop / PC.
- Click the "Send your input" button in the lower right corner. In the "Moderated Session" mode, this replaces the classic Main Menu of the Session - only for participants but not for the host.
- Here you can create text, image and video content using Text and Media Notes. Click the appropriate button or drag and drop your files directly onto the Workspace.
- Send the created Notes to the Workspace of the Shared Session.